top of page

How to extend your residence permit in Estonia

Many people will face the necessity to extend their residence permit in the coming future. The same conditions would have to be met like in the initial proceedings if you are applying on the same basis of course. It is also possible to apply on a different basis should it be more suitable.

There are some important aspects to be borne in mind when starting to plan the extension.

Firstly, it is recommended to apply at least 2 months before the end of the term of your residence permit as the time of proceedings is 2 months. In reality we recommend taking at least 3 months as the 2 month period can always be prolonged by the Police and Border Guard.

Secondly, the extended period can be up to 10 years.

Thirdly, in the proceedings the Police can also assess if you have been meeting the TRP conditions during the current period - for example if you have been paid the required salary or if your TRP is based on business, then how your business is really doing. If the conditions are not met or have not been met then it could pose a problem. It could also be that there are some important facts that you should have notified the Police about but you have forgotten to do so. It could also be that it is better for you to apply for the new TRP on some other basis.

We recommend starting the proceedings well in advance and we would be happy to do all the preparatory work and advise you all the way.

Featured Posts
Check back soon
Once posts are published, you’ll see them here.
Recent Posts
Search By Tags
Follow Us
  • Facebook Basic Square
  • Twitter Basic Square
  • Google+ Basic Square
bottom of page