top of page

Residence permit for spouse or a registered partner

As a common marriage is no longer the only option for registering and regulating 2 people living together then it is important to ask how our immigration rules treat these kind of situations in Estonia.

When it comes to residence permit (meaning people from third countries) then the law only accepts a married spouse as eligible and any other kind of registered partnership is not grounds for applying as a family member.

When it comes to family members of EU citizens living here then the law also allows other forms of registered civil partnerships to be accepted as legal family members. Of course, you need to have the documents to prove that the 2 people are actually living together as a household and also a certificate of registration of the co-habitation. This applies to third country nationals who are partners of EU citizens.

Featured Posts
Check back soon
Once posts are published, you’ll see them here.
Recent Posts
Search By Tags
Follow Us
  • Facebook Basic Square
  • Twitter Basic Square
  • Google+ Basic Square
bottom of page